It is the dream of most people to develop a meaningful career. But the problem is how do we actually do it.
What are the pre-requisite steps you really need to take to ensure you are not wasting your time; instead you are busy pursuing a worthwhile goal.
· Make the right decisions- this will lead to job satisfaction
· Be truly happy with what you do
· What does ‘meaningfulness’ mean to you? - This implies that you are making a difference in the life of your community, and society at large. Don’t just work and collect salaries or revenue. Is what you are doing making you happy? Do you derive job satisfaction in what you do?
· Legacy- what are the legacies you are leaving for posterity? In your career, always aspire to live a positive impression in the minds and hearts of people around you. You will never regret doing so.
· Mastery- the skills you have should be an agent of happiness; it should guarantee you happiness and make you truly connect well with people. I have always coach people to develop skills that will make them to be unique and create a meaningful life for themselves, and their communities. For instance, if you are good in creative writing, that skill is enough to make you rich, and also meaningful in the society. You can write copy for advertisements, or fiction articles and get paid.
· Freedom- is your job giving you the freedom to enjoy exotic vacation as you would love to do? Here, it is extremely important to know the lifestyle you want and know if you are getting it.
By Ethelbert Obinna Umeh