By Ethelbert Obinna Umeh
All of us love listening to the thrilling and incredible stories of successful entrepreneurs. As an entrepreneurmyself, whenever I listen to their stories, I am inspired the more to keep pushing forward against all odds.
Nobody becomes successful by looking at his or her dream. Success does not come from the blues; you must work hard for it. Henry Long Fellow once said that the height achieved and attained by great people weren’t reached by a sudden flight.
Instead while their counterparts were fast asleep, snoring at night, they were seriously toiling upwards in the nights, boiling their midnight candles.
Yes, success involves committing enough time, talent and skills in the pursuance of your goals. While pursuing their goals, they displayed some kinds of amazing traits or magical power that you will never see in many people. All these traits below are what help them to explore a new path and become truly successful in them:
· Successful people pursue only the goals that they are passionate about.
· They pursue only important goals. They are not jack of all trades. They engage themselves with realistic and attainable goals. Thus, they are goal-oriented.
· Successful entrepreneur knows that success comes out of hard work. It doesn’t happen overnight. It is a gradual process. They have the patience to sacrifice now and enjoy later. This is why they are good in delaying gratification.
· Successful entrepreneurs have amazing communicative skills and zeal; they know what they want. They can communicate their thoughts and intentions clearly without any hiccups. They know that their goals may not be reached by their efforts alone- so they engage like-minds who would help them to actualise it.
· Successful entrepreneurs take risk and face the challenges. Life is all about taking risks. You are even at a greater risk, if you don’t take risk. They are not afraid to take risks. To take certain risks, they would come out of their comfort zone.
· Highly successful people are innovative. There are myriads of problems that affect entrepreneurs. One of them is decision-making and facing trail-blazing challenges. These make them to be highly innovative and to find solutions in every problem that confronts them. Because of their innovative skills and acts, they venture new territories and come up with new decisions to every problem they encounter.
· They are resourceful- this resourcefulness includes having the capital, or raising money for the start-up of their ideas and also working with the right human capital that will help them to turn their desires or dreams into amazing realities.
Are you passionate to be an entrepreneur?
Do you have all it takes?
Did you gain anything from these?
Feel free to share your experiences with me.