Get to know about the firm
One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make is to be invited by a company for an interview, and you have no idea of the nature of the job or what the company does. Such could be fatal. You can avoid this embarrassment by browsingabout the company and the position advertised. Make sure you get to know important things about them, so that you won’t be caught unawares.
Check their official website page, and social media profiles. Seeking information from other employees can help too. If you are able to know more about them, you will be in a better position to answer some of the questions from the interviewer.
If you refuse to plan, you will surely fail. Before going for an interview, it is highly essential that you review some likely interview questions you may be asked. So, make sure you have answers to questions like:
· Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses
· Where do you hope to see yourself in the next ten years?
· Why do you apply for this job?
· Why do you want to leave your present job?
· Tell us about your greatest strengths and weaknesses
· How do you think your greatest strengths will help to achieve your set goals?
· Describe yourself in few words
· Do you think you are successful? Why?
· How do you see yourself generally?
· Who is your role model? Why?
· Can you work with minimal supervision?
· How do you cope with stress and pressure?
· Who motivates you?
· What has been your greatest regret in life? Why?
· Do you think you are the right fit for this job? or
· Give us reasons why we should employ you
Familiarize yourself with these questions and come up with relevant answers. If you don’t know what to expect, you can browse about the answers from the internet.
Maintain good eye contact
Many people have won many jobs simply by sitting upright and maintaining good eye contacts. While answering questions, make sure you look into the interviewer’s eyes. Ensure you speak loud and clear.
Don’t speak too fast or too slow. Show them you are confident of yourself and abilities. If you are getting stressed at the middle of the interview, you can take a deep breath slowly before answering the next question.